Different kind of kalk question..

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to supplement just a little bit of kalk in my tank... I have a manual topoff pump in a 5 gal bucket and I add about a quart(at the most) of water each day. My question is I know kalk should be added slowly if at full saturation, but what if I dilluted it down to the point where it wouldn't have a big impact on my ph. How much would be ideal for that to happen? I was thinking maybe a teaspoon per 5 gal? What ya'll think?

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Kalk all the time and it really depends the type of product you are using. I use brightwell and I use 1 tsp per gallon. and sometimes I will add 1to 2 gallons at a time to the tank with no bad effects. I know that wasnt much help but every tank is different and if someone were to say "oh no problem add a ton" and your tank crashes, that would be bad.

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never use BRS kalk before so I haven't got a clue. just don't add the white power stuff straight to the tank lol. i'm sure you know that though

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never use BRS kalk before so I haven't got a clue. just don't add the white power stuff straight to the tank lol. i'm sure you know that though
Yup, thanks for at least bumping the thread:) Is Randy Holmes Farley on here somewhere? ;)

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 63 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back