Different Tank Build gets a Background

Henn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, The Different tank got an impressionistic sponge dab paint job all over the back. If anyone likes the effect, it is easy to do. The reason for using the dab Paint is that it is easy to remove, non toxic, and does not spoil.

The Basic Dab Paint is Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt in equal amounts. A small amount of Water Based Craft Glue can be added for more Grab ( just drops if used ). Plain Food Colors are the spectrum.

Remember the Rule of Light, Lighter in back or up, and Darker in Front or down.

Start with the light colors like Blue at the top. Add more Greens and yellows while Dabbing Down. The final level at the bottom. Stop often and look through the Tank. Be Bold, Impressionism was invented for people who need glasses. This Dab Paint allows for touch ups and finger painting. Use something that has interesting Texture. Even a Potato Stamp.

PS>> The 5 volt USB Pump replacements came and they work great. The old Pumps where 12 volt and needed a Power Supply and Connector. The same size with more output running on USB Cube Supplies.

Different Tank Build ...Day 40...Added Background...Colored flour and salt sponge dab...Tuscan...jpg Pump replaced with New USB Type same size.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 135 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back