Difficult to decide between Radio G5 XR15 and combo Kessil A360x / Aquatic-life

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah,I see. It's bad butt light you got. I have ZOAS too and they on sandbed 11" and at those settings I have, it's more then plenty light and they fully open. So you should be more then good imo.
So you don’t think 60% intensity is too much during the middle of the day?

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you don’t think 60% intensity is too much during the middle of the day?

Sorry for late reply, like others stated, start low and see your corals how they react. I gave you my settings to give you an idea where to start. Since I don't have a PAR meter I play by eye sight. If I see my corals doing good at that settings then I do as every one says. leave it alone.

On another note, my tank is shallow and with my rock work is so much,my corals are literally under light so that's probably why my intensity is so low. My opinion 60% seems high. I'm debating now atm about replacing this tank with red sea 200xl and its 21" deep..and to start all over again I would still use my old settings and keep eye on them, if I don't see a difference from before I'll raise them up 5%-10% a week.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both and if I had to do it over I'd go all Kessil.

Kessil pro/cons:
Pro: Color blending. The "Kessil shimmer" is so much better
Pro: Ease of use.... 2 adjustments. need I say more

Cons: Ease of use. If you are one of those guys who likes to mess with settings go Radion
Cons: Intensity. The radion definately puts out more light.

Radion
Pro: Seems to have more spread and intensity (could be just my perception)
Pro: Controllability. Mobius isn't a bad app once you get used to it.

Con: Disco ball! Not as bad but still there.
Disco ball even with the diffuser?

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for late reply, like others stated, start low and see your corals how they react. I gave you my settings to give you an idea where to start. Since I don't have a PAR meter I play by eye sight. If I see my corals doing good at that settings then I do as every one says. leave it alone.

On another note, my tank is shallow and with my rock work is so much,my corals are literally under light so that's probably why my intensity is so low. My opinion 60% seems high. I'm debating now atm about replacing this tank with red sea 200xl and its 21" deep..and to start all over again I would still use my old settings and keep eye on them, if I don't see a difference from before I'll raise them up 5%-10% a week

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the feedback. I emailed Kessil also and spoke with them about it. PAR meter should be here hopefully by Saturday it all depends on my work schedule and it being New Year’s. I’m never home during the day I lowered my max intensity down to 50%. The problem for me right now is I’m gone all day and can’t look into the tank to see how they are reacting? Lower is better and raise it up like you said.

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the feedback. I emailed Kessil also and spoke with them about it. PAR meter should be here hopefully by Saturday it all depends on my work schedule and it being New Year’s. I’m never home during the day I lowered my max intensity down to 50%. The problem for me right now is I’m gone all day and can’t look into the tank to see how they are reacting? Lower is better and raise it up like you said.

Oh nice man! With PAR meter you are set! Did you ever check th BRS videos about your light? Good info.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice man! With PAR meter you are set! Did you ever check th BRS videos about your light? Good info.

I did! I also made a post on their Facebook page and talked with one of the guys that works there. I also talked with someone at Kessil. They said my settings look good. Kessil’s customer service is excellent. He has of the same frag I do “GMK” A lot of good info from all around. Especially from here R2R is great. I just get a little edgy when I put a $600 frag under a light that I really don’t know much about . Thanks for all your help @erdrick80.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go way lower than 8 inches on a WB20. Less spill into the room and better for your eyes when looking at the tank.
How low? I do get a little bit of light spill. Not really that bad though. Right now everything is perfect to I’d have to adjust the settings.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How low? I do get a little bit of light spill. Not really that bad though. Right now everything is perfect to I’d have to adjust the settings.
You can go as low till you lose full spread. I think i have it 4" above a Waterbox mini peninsula. I think i can even go lower but that's not practical for me.
And ofcourse you'll have to lower some intensity also then.
It's a win win in the end. Less spill, better for your eyes when you look at the tank, less energy use.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back