DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm just sitting here watching it fill right now. I'm confident in my plumbing, but this is the first run for the sump itself. It should be good. I'm gonna see how much flow it can take with no media in the filter cups.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOoo that sucks!

Yeah. I was able to tighten it up quite a bit, which is kinda alarming that it got through QC like that. Either way, time to refill and see how it holds up. I also left a review for the vendor on amazon, so hopefully if it needs to be replaced, I can eat least get them to eat the cost of their defective product.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I was able to tighten it up quite a bit, which is kinda alarming that it got through QC like that. Either way, time to refill and see how it holds up. I also left a review for the vendor on amazon, so hopefully if it needs to be replaced, I can eat least get them to eat the cost of their defective product.

Yep, gate valve is busted. Thankfully I can rebuild that part, but I'm not excited about the delay to the build.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked all of them for the same problem?

I only have 2 and the other is fine so far. Things happen, that is why we build smart, and test. Not excited about losing that union though, but that's the cost of doing business. Better now then when I have stock in the thing.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 2 and the other is fine so far. Things happen, that is why we build smart, and test. Not excited about losing that union though, but that's the cost of doing business. Better now then when I have stock in the thing.
The vendor is issuing a refund, and i ordered new parts. Tough part is gonna be determining how much of the existing pipe i can save with my cutter.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the busted gate valve and opened it up, it was cracked where one of the gaskets sits, which allowed it to leak. I have the new one in place, and I'm giving it another go.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a quick test, and the danged UV sterilizer is leaking. No big deal though, another drain, and maybe some teflon tape, and it should be good. It does highlight the need for a ball valve on those lines in case i need to make repairs.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into modding some Jebaos to run off my reef pi. If it works I'll let you know.
I've been holding my breath for a reef-pi controlled wavemaker set. Now i have to hang my lights, finish the danged reef-pi, set up my rodi filter and the storage containers, and then finally add my rockwork. Honestly, it's not all that much in the grand scheme. Let me know how those wavemakers work. I'm super interested.

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back