Digital Aquatics Archon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to why BRS doesn't sell the DA Archon controller. Been reading up on them, seems like a decent upgrade for someone who already has a reasonable number of DA Reefkeeper modules. A way to achieve web based alerts, keep me from having to drag a laptop to the sump closet, too.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We may need to test again; the last time we tried it was a few years back. It definitely does have some pro's. I think currently, for those looking to invest in a new controller, the market is pretty well represented (if you want easy, the og reef keeper lineup is perfect - if you want advanced functionality, Neptune is solid!). You do have an interesting point though for those who already have modules...

OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd guess there are a fair number of reefers in my position. Incremental purchases... I bought a RKL Basic to run heater and lights, bought an extra PB4 to extend it a bit, add an SLX and a pH probe... RKL is full. If I want to do any more automation, I have to upgrade to either RKE... which would allow me more modules, but not necessarily remote alarm capabilities. Yeah, I've seen the net module, but everybody pans it in reviews. If I want online alarm capabilities, from where I'm at, the Archon would seem to be the way to go. If they're having problems with them, well, I'm not looking to add instability :)

Which is why I was asking BRS. You don't carry them, has to be a reason why.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd guess there are a fair number of reefers in my position. Incremental purchases... I bought a RKL Basic to run heater and lights, bought an extra PB4 to extend it a bit, add an SLX and a pH probe... RKL is full. If I want to do any more automation, I have to upgrade to either RKE... which would allow me more modules, but not necessarily remote alarm capabilities. Yeah, I've seen the net module, but everybody pans it in reviews. If I want online alarm capabilities, from where I'm at, the Archon would seem to be the way to go. If they're having problems with them, well, I'm not looking to add instability :)

Which is why I was asking BRS. You don't carry them, has to be a reason why.

The review we did was back in 2015, and at that time we did have some difficulty with the programming but overall felt like our controller offering well covered peoples needs and was in line with what we'd personally recommend/use. Basically, there wasn't a hole for that particular controller. That said, the review we did was over 2 years ago, so it's worth another look as I imagine there have been software updates since. I'm going to let our product team know to re-prioritize the product for testing!

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greybeard,
i have been using the archon for a year now and it works GREAT! Controlling just about everything is simple and easy . I had purchased the new Neptune Apex and returned it in 5 days a real disaster in my mind .Bought the Archon and haven't looked back.
i also have the 3 rke and 2rkl systems like you and they work great
The Archon is the way to go order directly from DigitalAquatics.com and everything is shipped up to date

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.5%
Back