Digital Salt meters / readers

I 2nd the Hanna. I also have the Milwaukee but i found that one is a bit touchy when it comes to water temp. It's supposed to adjust quickly but that's now what i found. The Hanna is very reliable - i have 2 of them and double check often - with very good results. It's also a + that you can take it with you vs getting water samples - good for mixing station + my 2 tanks.
 
I have the Hanna and the Milwaukee and my experience has been that the Hanna is unreliable. I love and almost exclusively use the Milwaukee.

To be fair I did buy the Hanna used so maybe mine is faulty and that’s why they sold it.
 
I have the Hanna and the Milwaukee and my experience has been that the Hanna is unreliable. I love and almost exclusively use the Milwaukee.

To be fair I did buy the Hanna used so maybe mine is faulty and that’s why they sold it.
+1 for the Milwaukee, I’ve had zero issues. Just remember to have a manual refractometer or hydrometer as a backup
 
Waynes World Milwaukee GIF
 
After trying out a hanna meter for calcium, I'd be extremely wary of trusting their salinity meter, which is testing a FAR more critical parameter.
 
After trying out a hanna meter for calcium, I'd be extremely wary of trusting their salinity meter, which is testing a FAR more critical parameter.
Calcium egg is known to have issues, that's why no one suggests it. One drop of sample water in either direction, can give wildly different results.

I have the milwaukee, the hanna, many refractometers, and a few hydrometers(you tend to collect these things over the years). I prefer the ease of use with the hanna. I have found mine to be very reliable, and hold calibration well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new