• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Digitate Hydroid

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up some GSP frags from Jason Fox. Also received free Digitate Hydroids with my order. Buyer beware quarantine, dip and inspect all your frags no matter where you purchase.

OP
OP
MSarro27

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That same video is the reasoning behind me making my first coral purchase from him. He also shipped me half a frag plug funny I paid for a complete one. Tank is 2 months old nothing in it that could of introduced it. It’s all over his coral.

OP
OP
MSarro27

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6F1CE78D-6109-41F3-A6A4-D9C5014D918F.png

Attachments

• F729BF18-8CF4-4882-BCD6-76C76BD62080.jpeg
    F729BF18-8CF4-4882-BCD6-76C76BD62080.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 101

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That same video is the reasoning behind me making my first coral purchase from him. He also shipped me half a frag plug funny I paid for a complete one. Tank is 2 months old nothing in it that could of introduced it. It’s all over his coral.
You paid for a 1/2 to 3/4 inch frag as listed on the website. That’s what you got. The tank it went into is not seeded. You have never bought a frag before as stated in your email to me. There is nothing wrong with the frags you received. The stringy looking strand of algae is starting because it’s a new not seeded tank. You could have asked questions and I would have helped you out with your new tank. But instead you want to blast me in public for no reason. Because you don’t know what your talking about is the problem. Get some more experience is my advice to you.

OP
OP
MSarro27

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You paid for a 1/2 to 3/4 inch frag as listed on the website. That’s what you got. The tank it went into is not seeded. You have never bought a frag before as stated in your email to me. There is nothing wrong with the frags you received. The stringy looking strand of algae is starting because it’s a new not seeded tank. You could have asked questions and I would have helped you out with your new tank. But instead you want to blast me in public for no reason. Because you don’t know what your talking about is the problem. Get some more experience is my advice to you.
4823C89A-9C8D-4701-A5A5-C63891889418.jpeg

4823C89A-9C8D-4701-A5A5-C63891889418.jpeg That’s not algae! And the tank is seeded had you asked if fully cycled parameters are on point. Algae doesn’t move around like a worm and retract when lights on. Whatever Jason it’s BS your attitude, responses and quality garbage! A1903F8B-8366-4796-814F-AD292869B909.jpeg

OP
OP
MSarro27

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
MSarro27

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow pretty strong reaction. I get your standpoint and dealing with customer is not always easy. Whether the criticism is fair or not, I would not expect this kind of reaction from a vendor. A lot of information missing here.

I have to disagree with that being algae from the poor quality macro photo. I do think his tank will see its share of algae issues if it is as sterile and environment as it seems it may be, but to me it looks like a digitate hydroid.

To the OP, to confirm it is a hydroid and not algae, does it retract to light or movement? Being an animal they usually will retract back into the rock if exposed to bright light for safety.
Confirmed it is hydroid and does react to light by retracting. Also varies in length and moves like a worm.

OP
OP
MSarro27

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And one last thing my money was green it’ll spend. I didn’t hand you torn money or C19 infested bills. JFOX CORALS = trash BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! My experience with you and your product will go viral. My advise to you take a freakin customer service / social interaction class. Get some experience. Think you might have stayed on the bottom of the ocean too long. Customers always right Jason always.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thread moved to vendor feedback forum and outside comments have been removed from this thread per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution. If other members would like to contribute their experience with either the buyer or seller, they may do so by posting a link to their own feedback thread (this is the only type of outside comment that is allowed in this feedback thread). If you have any questions, feel free to message me or another staff member. Happy reefing!

Daniel
Team R2R

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back