Digitate hydroids

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishbird
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Mine disappeared. Can't really remember when, but just slowly saw less and less. I do have a CBB which could be responsible, but that's not based on any active evidence.
 
I wrote this in another thread, but every time digitates (and most colonial hydroids for that matter) are described in a post, someone inevitably suggests they might be able to sting corals because of their effect on seahorses. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it- if you go searching, while this theoretical tidbit is often repeated, I was unable to find a single reference on this forum or RC to anyone actually experiencing any coral damage from these guys. At this point, I assume they're perfectly safe in a reef tank and most will go away on their own in time.
I have hydroids that are actively causing two of my corals to recede and die.
20210330_153217.jpg
20210330_153202.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new