Hydroids?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sologarth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sologarth

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Racine
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a group of frags in quarantine and am noticing a number of these hydroids (I believe) on the frags. A little over a week into QT. How concerned should I be? I removed this frag and scrubbed it down/dipped in hydrogen peroxide but now that I am looking for them I am finding them on other spots.

They are obviously not digitate hydroids and don't seem to look like the colonial or branching hydroids either. They are very small.

20260315_132230.jpg
 
I think these are digitate hydroids. I have filamentous ones. I just did a 60% peroxide 40% saltwater. hydrogen peroxide dip. Waiting to see full results in a day. I’m not confident though.
 
Despite a potassium chloride and peroxide dip, these exact guys came in on a frag of mine. They spread a bit. With a little bit of a toothbrush scrubs and some time they just disappeared.
 
They are zanclea hydroids, one of the thoughts pests to eliminate in the hobby, in the past I’ve nuked a tank 3 times with Febenzadol and they still returned eventually.
The only thing it worked for me after some experimenting was a banded shrimp.

Note: they spread faster if you broadcast feed
 
Ive been gluing over the infected spots and gettng more clean up crew and swapped a few rocks out that wrre infected. Ima see if i can just aim to control
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new