dimmable lighting

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick search and only spits back T5 dimmable options. what lighting is dimmable out there without use of moon lights? my biocube 32 is just day, moon and sunset. next tank I was looking at Kessil, Radion and Skye at first but it doesn't really say much on dimmable. Looking to find a light that can dim daylight option to maybe 10% increases from 10-100? Any other thoughts? was hoping for a single light that can go from fish only to sps later if I wish. Thanks for the feedback.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all name brand fixtures these days allow you to control spectrum and intensity throughout the light cycle. Additionally, dimmable modifications can be retrofitted into old fixtures depending on the LED types.

Here is an example of an AI Prime schedule and spectrum in the Aqua illumination app.
1698927229394.png

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gottcha.
Many brands to choose from.
What's your budget?
was looking for under $500. But the Skye is on sale right now for $650. Which is attractive but still a chunk. Have a feeling it's probably better to just get a temp light now then in the future switch to something that can handle SPS. 36x36 foot print.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was looking for under $500. But the Skye is on sale right now for $650. Which is attractive but still a chunk. Have a feeling it's probably better to just get a temp light now then in the future switch to something that can handle SPS. 36x36 foot print.

Would you mind linking to the Skye? I don't know this brand and cannot find it online.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The typo "skye" had me thinking it was some sort of off brand.
my bad, I actually thought there was an e in there. but after reading so many peoples issues with ALL lights, it may be hot or miss these days. Not many people like ecotech because of the mobias app. (speaking of typo, spell correct changed ecotech to scotch :p). Kessil seems to be liked or unliked - shimmer, focus, shadowing. But I haven't seen too many people complain about Neptune Sky yet. Except for the cost. Also need to figure out attachment options with Eurobrace.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back