OP
OP
noobreefer2

noobreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates.

I now have a flame Hawkfish and a yellow wrasse, and the tank looks pretty good except for something that I’ll mention. I ordered a Foxface on liveaquaria, but I’ve had a lot of shipping mishaps so I’m gonna have to wait a few weeks.

I actually think that most of the chryso is gone, but it is replaced with a massive outbreak of cyano. There is a massive red carpet covering the sand and rocks.

I have stopped dosing vibrant and I have put the cheato back in, and I have started doing water changes again. Hopefully by the end of the summer or sooner this algae problem will be solved.

Please ask if you have any questions. Thanks.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your going to take the route of using an off the shelf cure I wouldn't go with the Vibrant and instead use the Red Slime Remover as directed. With that and some patience it will help resolve it. I would also revisit the "flow" in the heavy developed spots and see if you can increase it as well.
Best of luck.
Happy Reefing.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The active ingredient in Vibrant is Busan-77. It is a commercial algaecide for cleaning pools.

Chemiclean and red slime removers are erythromycin based anti-bacterials.

They both do what they are advertised to do. They kill stuff, but do so rather indiscriminately. I believe it makes the biome noisy and unstable.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back