Dino ID please microscope results?

Greenstarfish03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the greatest pictures but i hope we can id this. As of now I have a minor issue mainly on the sand but i want to nip this before it gets bad. Im thinking its some type of prorocentrum but Im not sure.

20200118_150502.jpg
20200118_150521.jpg

OP
OP
Greenstarfish03

Greenstarfish03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick video as well. What makes u think its Ostreopsis. I have a hard time telling for sure looking at the guide. In my tank i see a light brown red dust on the sand. Not reall heavy but it does get heavier as the day goes on and less in the morning. I do see some on the rocks here and there but its hard to even see on thr rocks. I dont see any bubbles or stringy goo. It came after treating the tank with vibrant for a medium case if bubble algae. The bubble algae is totaly gone, but this showed up.

OP
OP
Greenstarfish03

Greenstarfish03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my video wont attach for some reason. Says the upload file was not a video, but its clearly a mp4 video.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick video as well. What makes u think its Ostreopsis. I have a hard time telling for sure looking at the guide. In my tank i see a light brown red dust on the sand. Not reall heavy but it does get heavier as the day goes on and less in the morning. I do see some on the rocks here and there but its hard to even see on thr rocks. I dont see any bubbles or stringy goo. It came after treating the tank with vibrant for a medium case if bubble algae. The bubble algae is totaly gone, but this showed up.
The sesame seed shape of Ostreopsis is the give away.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back