Dino ID

ndizzle

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
23
Location
Milwaukee
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is someone able to assist with Dino ID?

I do believe I have Dinos, PHOS and Nitrate at 0. If I suck them out, they don’t get caught in filter and reconnect themselves in the bucket.

I pulled some out and viewed under a microscope, but didn’t see a lot of movement from them, but they look similar to pictures I’ve seen.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

IMG_3043.jpeg IMG_3042.jpeg
 
Is someone able to assist with Dino ID?

I do believe I have Dinos, PHOS and Nitrate at 0. If I suck them out, they don’t get caught in filter and reconnect themselves in the bucket.

I pulled some out and viewed under a microscope, but didn’t see a lot of movement from them, but they look similar to pictures I’ve seen.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

IMG_3043.jpeg IMG_3042.jpeg
Pictures are not focused enough for an ID, but Google Prorocentrum or Amphidinium and see if either looks like yours.
 
Zooming in on the picture I would be leaning more to Prorocentrum. If it is Prorocentrum then they are pretty toxic they go into the water at night so a UV is the best bet at trying to defeat them. Need to raise PO4 and NO3 so you get some competition from diatoms and other bacteria to out compete them.
 
Thanks for all the replies. I agree on the Prorocentrum call out. I Do not have a UV but this’ll probably be the final trigger for me to get one.

It sucks to see my tank in bad shape from this, but every set back is a chance to learn, grow, and improve!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new