Dino ID

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I need help with an ID on my dino.

On my overflow
20200723_181209.jpg

On my sand
20200723_181501.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
qhduong

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were taken at 300x. Looks like osteoporosis. Only some are moving. I have a UV installed for the last 10 days but they don't seem to be going away. Please help!

I've done Dr Tim's Dino Recipe, dosed Microbacter7, running UV, blasting the sand and rocks but cannot get rid of them. My nitrates are at 2-5 ppm using Red Sea, Phosphate 0.02-0.06 using Hanna ULR.

My cleanup crew of snails Anda conch are doing fine... So I'm not sure what to make of this.

Last edited:

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were taken at 300x. Looks like osteoporosis. Only some are moving. I have a UV installed for the last 10 days but they don't seem to be going away. Please help!

I've done Dr Tim's Dino Recipe, dosed Microbacter7, running UV, blasting the sand and rocks but cannot get rid of them. My nitrates are at 2-5 ppm using Red Sea, Phosphate 0.02-0.06 using Hanna ULR.

My cleanup crew of snails Anda conch are doing fine... So I'm not sure what to make of this.
Any luck w this?
I think I have the same again

OP
OP
qhduong

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck w this?
I think I have the same again
I ran a cheap 25 watt Green Killing Machine that seem to only help control growth. I raised temp to 82* and things have gotten considerably better after ~5 days. I only see a tiny bit of dino bubble on overflow box. I'm waiting for my Aqua UV to come to replace the cheap UV. I think just raising temp, adding a few more fish, and increased feeding seem to have helped.

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a cheap 25 watt Green Killing Machine that seem to only help control growth. I raised temp to 82* and things have gotten considerably better after ~5 days. I only see a tiny bit of dino bubble on overflow box. I'm waiting for my Aqua UV to come to replace the cheap UV. I think just raising temp, adding a few more fish, and increased feeding seem to have helped.
nice. I know the idea is to grow new algae that outcompetes dino's for food. I knew mine was over when i saw algae growing on glass. Then i had too much algae and when i nuked them....the dino's returned.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ostreopsis are highly adaptable to their environment. Some will go dormant when stressed.
In 2016 when I was working with these guys I found them to be highly difficult to beat.
This may be just a few of the reasons why

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ostreopsis are highly adaptable to their environment. Some will go dormant when stressed.
In 2016 when I was working with these guys I found them to be highly difficult to beat.
This may be just a few of the reasons why
Best options to fight?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back