Dino Identfication

  • Thread starter Thread starter JSLove
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JSLove

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
8
Location
Morro Bay
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm hoping to get help identifying the type of dino that I have in my tank. It forms strands, feels mucusy, and traps bubbles. Here is a photo I was able to take with my microscope.
IMG_5179.jpg
IMG_5147.jpeg
 
Hi guys, I'm hoping to get help identifying the type of dino that I have in my tank. It forms strands, feels mucusy, and traps bubbles. Here is a photo I was able to take with my microscope.
IMG_5179.jpg
IMG_5147.jpeg
No clue. The number of vacuole-looking structures seems unusually high. How did you collect and transfer them to the microscope slide?
 
No clue. The number of vacuole-looking structures seems unusually high. How did you collect and transfer them to the microscope slide?
I used a pipette.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new