Dinos And Algae

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
As im new here i am not sure if i'm posting in the right forum,so please forgive me if this is the wrong place. I would like to know if it is a normal process after tank has cycled then you get the dinos, which i have had with my other tank, but is it normal for the dinos to die off and then turn into green algae?
If any one could advise it would be a big help.
Thanks guys,
Ashley.

wtdenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
As im new here i am not sure if i'm posting in the right forum,so please forgive me if this is the wrong place. I would like to know if it is a normal process after tank has cycled then you get the dinos, which i have had with my other tank, but is it normal for the dinos to die off and then turn into green algae?
If any one could advise it would be a big help.
Thanks guys,
Ashley.
It would be normal for what you described to be a diatom bloom, not necessarily dinos. What makes you believe it's dinos?

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your reply,
well the cycle had finished and about a week or so after i started to get a dusting of brown all over rocks , it got alot worse , but with water changes every week 80 litres a week, and i was always blowing the dinos off the rocks with feeder and cleaning sand, they went away. But know in place it seems that green algae has taken its place . I am removing by hand, using a toothbrush and using eheim vacuum after each time.Also i have a uv But for some reason it seems like its here to stay ?
My Ammonia is 0ppm, Nitrite is 0ppm,Nitrate is between 0.01 and 0.03 ppm but my phosphate for some reason is stuck at 0.25, which i am not such at that low number would cause such a green algae issue?
any thoughts would help
Thank you for taking time to reply
Ashley.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back