Dinos, Dosing H2O2, and now concerns?

DexterKarin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2023
Messages
226
Reaction score
177
Location
Truckee, CA 96162, USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like such a crazy fish lady.

I had ostreopsis and after reading a bunch, I threw a bunch at it and after 4 weeks, dinos are gone. Yay. Before and after dinos, I had a fair amount of GHA that I was just manually dealing with. As part of my dino attack, I dosed 2ml of H2O2 in 23 gallons daily. I did this for 7 evenings. After that I let things clear, did a small water change and bought quite a few new hermits, a couple of snails to join what I had that includes a pin cushion urchin.

Now all my GHA is gone (3 weeks after the H2O2 treatment) and now I'm worried I don't have enough for my CUC. There is some algae films on the glass but nothing on the rocks.

To those who have done the H2O2 treatment, is this normal? Or could have been anticipated? Do I now need to be concerned about the lack of algae? Any experiences that you have to share?


P.S. My parameters: Alk 8.8, Nitrate 12, Phosphate .30 to .40, Salinity 35ppt
 
No worries. After killing Dinoflagellets with peroxide, I would expect your nutrients to rise fueling film algae growth, thereby feeding your algae grazers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new