Dinos??? Idk (pics included)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Texasreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Texasreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2024
Messages
58
Reaction score
51
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

Currently have had this algae bloom along side a little bit of Cyano in the tank. It’s a nano 20g mixed reef. Corals are doing great as well as the few fish. I know for a fact I’ve got Cyano in small patches however have also got this (stringy like brown goo) growing on rock and sand bed. I’ve posted some pics of this under a microscope, any help would be great as well as a treatment.

I’ve been out of hobby for 8 years & have stopped chasing #s.. only thing I test for is nitrate (7.0). UV on 24/7, filter floss and sponge for filtration. Weekly 10% water changes. Lights on 8HR period. Everything seems happy from lps-SPS but this dang stringy stuff start growing on the corals and everywhere. I feed 2X day & red sea A&B 2X weekly. Started dosing microbac-7 twice a week to possibly help out compete this algae

It doesn’t look like GHA it’s more slimy and brown
5149466D-0479-4514-AF0D-110872BBE019.jpeg 918AC599-6CD6-4A48-AA5C-AD1F8DF19AEF.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Good evening,

Currently have had this algae bloom along side a little bit of Cyano in the tank. It’s a nano 20g mixed reef. Corals are doing great as well as the few fish. I know for a fact I’ve got Cyano in small patches however have also got this (stringy like brown goo) growing on rock and sand bed. I’ve posted some pics of this under a microscope, any help would be great as well as a treatment.

I’ve been out of hobby for 8 years & have stopped chasing #s.. only thing I test for is nitrate (7.0). UV on 24/7, filter floss and sponge for filtration. Weekly 10% water changes. Lights on 8HR period. Everything seems happy from lps-SPS but this dang stringy stuff start growing on the corals and everywhere. I feed 2X day & red sea A&B 2X weekly. Started dosing microbac-7 twice a week to possibly help out compete this algae

It doesn’t look like GHA it’s more slimy and brown
5149466D-0479-4514-AF0D-110872BBE019.jpeg 918AC599-6CD6-4A48-AA5C-AD1F8DF19AEF.jpeg V
Pictures too out of focus to be much help. Could this be a green cyanobacteria?
 
Pictures too out of focus to be much help. Could this be a green cyanobacteria?
Sorry my magnifier isn’t a good one. I am actually leaning towards Chrysophytes, no clue how to begin to tackle this.

21BE29BE-CF9E-435F-B7DC-A3ADD88BD9D4.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new