Dip for Aiptasia

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in LFS today and was about to pull the trigger on a nice little hammer coral frag when out of it popped an Aiptasia. I told myself, "Just walk away" and did so.

But that got me to thinking, is there any dip to kill Aiptasia? I've been looking around, but haven't found anything. A dip to kill them and other pests would seem much easier than other methods, at least in my mind.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in LFS today and was about to pull the trigger on a nice little hammer coral frag when out of it popped an Aiptasia. I told myself, "Just walk away" and did so.

But that got me to thinking, is there any dip to kill Aiptasia? I've been looking around, but haven't found anything. A dip to kill them and other pests would seem much easier than other methods, at least in my mind.

No but you can inject them before you add them to your tank, Just inject them in the bag and let them die and scrape them off with a razor blade.

(inject them with Lemon Juice, F-Aiptasia, or H202.

As long as you get them in the bag before you get them in the tank you should be 99.99% Safe.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but you can inject them before you add them to your tank, Just inject them in the bag and let them die and scrape them off with a razor blade.

(inject them with Lemon Juice, F-Aiptasia, or H202.

As long as you get them in the bag before you get them in the tank you should be 99.99% Safe.
Yep and if you want to be extra safe put a dab of super glue on the spot they were growing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back