Dipping acro in melafix every three days fine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PegasisR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,249
Reaction score
438
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to know if i could dip the acros in melafix pond every 3 days for 5 weeks?
 
That’s a bit excessive. I know you are trying to be extra safe but you’ll just harm the coral without any extra benefit as far as taking care of the parasites. Parasites don’t infest the corals every two days. I used to dip my entire tank about 100+ acros in melafix, every 5-10 days without any issues, no losses either. Melafix is pretty gentle.
 
Hey @PegasisR this thread may help you out. It sounds like the pond version is just more concentrated and this thread has some conversions. I personally used regular melafix dips every 3 days for AEFW and black slug things and I didn’t lose anything. I think I dipped for 5 weeks too but I don’t really remember. All my acros are growing and look great now. Picture below as proof. Good luck! Pests su

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bayer-bleaching-corals.375192/page-2#post-4594488
before/after melafix dips:
9005E946-9B50-4891-8F01-5CD563FBA7EF.jpeg
49A5BF25-3BCC-4E84-B565-B1CB07A970AC.jpeg
 
Hey @PegasisR this thread may help you out. It sounds like the pond version is just more concentrated and this thread has some conversions. I personally used regular melafix dips every 3 days for AEFW and black slug things and I didn’t lose anything. I think I dipped for 5 weeks too but I don’t really remember. All my acros are growing and look great now. Picture below as proof. Good luck! Pests su

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bayer-bleaching-corals.375192/page-2#post-4594488
before/after melafix dips:
9005E946-9B50-4891-8F01-5CD563FBA7EF.jpeg
49A5BF25-3BCC-4E84-B565-B1CB07A970AC.jpeg
could melafix pond be used every 3 days?
 
could melafix pond be used every 3 days?
I would think if you use the 10ml/gallon ratio for the pond melafix it would be fine. It’s a stronger concentration so you’re just using less than the other versions. These concentrations are thanks to @Rakie


The recipes are below; Based on the 1.25% concentration
- Marine (1.25%) -- 50mL/g = 50mL/g <---Desired Concentration
- Regular (1.00%) -- 50mL x 0.25 = 12.5ml, add that to 50ml = 62.5mL/g
- Pond (5.00%) -- 50mL/5.00 = 10mL/g
 
I would think if you use the 10ml/gallon ratio for the pond melafix it would be fine. It’s a stronger concentration so you’re just using less than the other versions. These concentrations are thanks to @Rakie


The recipes are below; Based on the 1.25% concentration
- Marine (1.25%) -- 50mL/g = 50mL/g <---Desired Concentration
- Regular (1.00%) -- 50mL x 0.25 = 12.5ml, add that to 50ml = 62.5mL/g
- Pond (5.00%) -- 50mL/5.00 = 10mL/g
okay sweet :)
 
okay sweet :)I just went though this ....I dipped all my sps in melafix marine every fourth day for 8 weeks and lost no coral .
10 mil per gallon for 5 minutes.
just be sure you are able to pull them out fast after 5 min.
 
Alright, ill be dipping every 3 days for 5 weeks in regular melafix :)
 
Hey @PegasisR this thread may help you out. It sounds like the pond version is just more concentrated and this thread has some conversions. I personally used regular melafix dips every 3 days for AEFW and black slug things and I didn’t lose anything. I think I dipped for 5 weeks too but I don’t really remember. All my acros are growing and look great now. Picture below as proof. Good luck! Pests su

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bayer-bleaching-corals.375192/page-2#post-4594488
before/after melafix dips:
9005E946-9B50-4891-8F01-5CD563FBA7EF.jpeg
49A5BF25-3BCC-4E84-B565-B1CB07A970AC.jpeg
Hi, just wanted to ask what your ratio was for the melafix dip? Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new