Dipping Xenia from a local trader

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Messages
5,933
Reaction score
21,195
Location
Clearwater, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a separated area for some pulsing xenia. A local guy on Craigslist is selling frags but I have seen multiple times that xenia cannot handle dipping. Would taking it off of the plug and not dipping it be good enough or am I asking for trouble?
 
Hey i just purchased a pulsing xenia frag from lfs and i was scared about the same thing. I dipped yesterday and today xenia looks great!
 
I've dipped xenia with Revive with no issue in the past.
 
I’ve dropped it on the floor, cut it with scissors, the only thing that killed it was 0 nitrate.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new