Discharge coming out of TBS Live Rock

cjbrown24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More fun stuff! We turned the pump and wave makers off to add some copepods and noticed this coming out of the rock! Any idea what could be causing this discharge? IMG_6600.jpeg IMG_6601.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6599.mov
    66.3 MB

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More fun stuff! We turned the pump and wave makers off to add some copepods and noticed this coming out of the rock! Any idea what could be causing this discharge? IMG_6600.jpeg IMG_6601.jpeg
Did you recently do anything to kill aptasia?

Yesterday, I went around my tank killing aptasia with a chemical, and it looks awfully similar to what that is.

It's very unlikely though lol.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could be some type of spawning? I had a stomatella snail that started spawning (least I think that's what the discharge was) shortly after adding it to the tank. . . seems like a weird time to spawn but. . .

That is my first though anyway, but I am sure it could be any number of things. . .

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be some type of spawning? I had a stomatella snail that started spawning (least I think that's what the discharge was) shortly after adding it to the tank. . . seems like a weird time to spawn but. . .

That is my first though anyway, but I am sure it could be any number of things. . .
Its amazing what may go through your mind when you think you might die. There is also the new home christening......

Dbartlett727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tbs rock came with all sorts of life, I have several rocks with what I believe are barnacles that will quite literally spit out a bit of white cloudy looking stuff into the water and then dissipates pretty quickly. Not sure exactly what it is but @LiverockRocks might be able to help out.

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tbs rock came with all sorts of life, I have several rocks with what I believe are barnacles that will quite literally spit out a bit of white cloudy looking stuff into the water and then dissipates pretty quickly. Not sure exactly what it is but @LiverockRocks might be able to help out.
barnacle or bivalve closing

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back