OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to be honest, I've been busting butt on a few other projects like a robotics competition and a fundraising gala, but now that both of those are over I can focus a little more on the swap.

I will check in with our group sales guy and see what the counts are.

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to remind myself to call today or tomorrow and reserve a spot. I've been too busy with other stuff lately!

ziggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed. should be pretty sweet! I believe me and tc269 will be getting a seller spot also!

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were going to name it the Whatheheckisit, after the most common question when people see it, but aside from sea monkeys...there aren't enough monkey related names in the aquarium world.

Ha ha! I love this line - hilarious!

Wish I was going to be in town for this.... :squigglemouth: Hope you get a great turnout!

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well at the moment we have 5 traders/vendors who are officially registered and paid in full and about 16 people who have indicated they are attending but haven't gotten around to officially registering.

Also for some odd reason we have only 3 people signed up as regular attendees. Just a reminder, the $8 attendee fee includes the entire museum and is about a 50% discount off of the regular admission price and parking. So you will have at least an extra $15 bucks to spend on coral if you pre-register. hint, hint.. :)

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we "advertised" anywhere else? Other forums? Local papers? That "other" Reef site? :tongue:

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep, its on the MARS forums, WRS Forums and the other sites Fox Valley forums and its been on our website and member mailings. The plan for early next week it to post in the chicago area clubs forums and see what happens. I don't think its lack of interest, I think its just summer and everybody is busy and hasn't registered yet...or at least thats what I told the powers that be.. :)

Pre-Registration for attendees could be as late as the day before the swap, vendors we will have to cut off about 2 weeks before the event so we get tables and t-shirts in time.

Last edited:

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well at the moment we have 5 traders/vendors who are officially registered and paid in full and about 16 people who have indicated they are attending but haven't gotten around to officially registering.

Also for some odd reason we have only 3 people signed up as regular attendees. Just a reminder, the $8 attendee fee includes the entire museum and is about a 50% discount off of the regular admission price and parking. So you will have at least an extra $15 bucks to spend on coral if you pre-register. hint, hint.. :)
now if i register for a table...do i have to pay for my wife as an attendee??

i should be registering in the next few weeks. i plan on having a lot of stuff to sell :bigsmile:

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thanks!!! penny saved is a penny earned these days....instead of a foam demo i may do a dvd

just wait till you see my display that im thinking of doing :) its going to be one of a kind!!

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I got signed up today, Planning on coming down Friday night for setup...

Just curious,

What is the attendance looking like so far?

Also, who all here is signed up so far?

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not signed up yet kinda nervous about there only being 3 attendees signed up

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope there's more then 3 coming!! I'm driving over 4 hours for this!!!:squigglemouth:

Ya, I think the advertising could be a little stronger,, I'm hoping it's going to be a good event... Being this close to Chicago, I don't see a problem with attendance...

Has this been posted on the Chicago forums?

siropa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to make it, but another event we are going to happened to be that same day, so i'm out of luck.

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did post it in CMAS's section of RC.
If you have any suggestions to get people to register, let me know.

also, I refuse to let the event suck. If there are not sufficient numbers of traders and attendees, we will cancel and refund everybody who has signed up. So hopefully that will engourage those of you who are on the fence to give the event a shot. Fair enough?

Last edited:

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on being there and bringing a bunch of stuff with. Still need to sign up though!

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill be stopping down there later this month and i may be taking some video and more pics of the place..and i will be doing a youtube vid that can be posted on other sites to show every one what they will miss if they dont go.....but thats 2 weeks away from happening..

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myself and some locals plan to come.Ill make sure to get reg with you.Im gonna try and get this pushed as much as i can cause i think this can be a great event with little work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back