Discovery World/WRS/MARS/FVRS Coral Frag swap

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone make up a poster that could be printed off and hung at local shops and posted on sites yet?If not would be great thing to have i think

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks to Plainrt, Limpit, Paul's Corals and a few others, I have managed to clam my butt down and focus a little more. This Swap is happening..period.
I had a little chat with our reservations guy, and we have had a signifficant increase in registrations in the last few days! so thanks to everybody who registered.

If anybody has contacts in the business that would be interested in donating to an auction or raffle, lets see what we can do.

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great!

Also, having 3 reef clubs involved (WRS, MARS, and FVRS) should be able to drum up alot of donations and such...

The event being located in Milwaukee, has anyone from WRS contacted any of the LFS's there? I know there are a few decent ones!! I would imagine they wouldn't mind seeing their name on a booth/table or what not... good advertising....

This may be the last swap of the year for the area... Hopefully it's a good one!!

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can check with my reservations guy, but I know we picked up a bunch of traders recently. And myself and others have spoken with Paul's Corals, Midwest Saltwater, Uber Frags and a handful of others who confirmed they are registering and attending. Those traders are also helping spread the word as well. So, we should have a pretty good turn out.

I'm also working over the reservations department to figure out how to handle walk up attendees on the day of the event, no promises on that one however.

We are going to have a large table as well. We have tons of stuff we need to get rid of, including ORA frags, plus about 6 diferent acropora species, duncans, blastos, aussie scolymias, a few different brains, torches, frogspawns, clams and oh don't for get the ledgendary Discovery World Fuzzy Monkey LE :)

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting traders usually isn't a problem, it's finding buyers to come!! We've all seen what it looks like with a room full of traders and noone to buy frags!!!

The walk-up attendees are usually the ones that fill the halls the most... from my experience at least.... something that will have to be inplace... and advertised... even if it costs a buck or 2 more for them... it's worth it for people to just 'show up', so the pre-registration may be turning some people away....

I'll help get the word out up north here also....

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hows this for a simple banner ??? and have it linked to this thread??

fragswapbanner.jpg

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any type of updates over on the WRS website,, Are they still involved with the planning of this? Just curious, they are a good sized well formed club I thought for sure they'd be coming up with something already...

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I? No, I just see in the title that it says Discovery World/WRS/MARS/FVRS..... the only ones I see talking about it is the FVRS.....

I just figured that since they were in the title, they would have something planned or what not....

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a pm today from tomstechnic about another subject on wrs site.... but, in it i was reminded "Make sure everyone in the FVRC knows about the frag swap at Discovery world next month! If you want 1/2 price admission, you have to pre-register"

so there is people over there willing to go but doing a pre register may be the thing holding some of the people back there...i dont know

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean i dont get what the deal is.Alot of people in that club and dont seem to be helping.I have been talking with some of the mars guys and there are some good sellers from them signed up or going to sign.

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice work again.

On another note i contacted YZ Reef and they said they wanna come.Hopefully they sign up

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way could get a list of vendors and sellers that are signed up as of right now?

ontosrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I'm from the NWRS and will post a thread about your swap on our site. If there is anything us northerners can do to help promote your event let me know. I know how hard it is to get people involved in promoting an event! We are not located that far from each other's clubs and should try to support each other, however we can.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back