OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so as of this morning vendors are..

Dave Vissers (CustomColor from the Fox Valley)
Midwest Saltwater
Jim's Reef (From up nort der hey)
Paul's Corals
Jeff Christansen
Mark Moeller (MARS?)
Mark Eisenhandler (MARS)
Steve Taggart
Robyn Terwilliger
YZ Reef
Dirk Griffin
Discovery World
Limpit (from WRS, maybe depends on work)
Chad from C-Sea Aquatics

Other little housekeeping items...
Remember the cut off for vendor/trader registration is September 4th. I know some people have work schedules that are not known by then. If that is the case, please contact me and let me know. I have a few tables set aside for that reason.

Our T-shirt design is almost finished, it looks pretty neat as it was done by a well published children's book illustrator. I will be posting a pic as soon as we get the final approved version.

Remember pre registering as an attendee is to your benefit, its $8 if you do, walk ups for the day of the event are welcome, but at our regular admission rates ($16.95). If your are a Discovery World member, you always get free admission and there is no additional cost for the swap.

There will be Friday night trader/vendor setup from 4-8pm. If at all possible I’d suggest as close to 4pm as possible, since there is a fish fry and free outdoor movie happening in the area surrounding our building. I will email vendors more specific details closer to the event.
Vendor/trader locations. I will not have pre assigned spaces, because of the building size and shape, we will have only 1 row but its about 200’ long. When you show up for setup we will show you the general area and you can pick your spot, and there is plenty of space so we can spread out and don’t have to be on top of each other. Take a min. to watch CustomColor’s you tube video. In the first section he pans around the Promenade area where the swap will be held.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul did you get my package?

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul has been nice enough to provide a table for a dry goods table. We will have at least one person at the table at all times.

If you want to sell your items, please clearly mark them with Name, Cell Phone Number and price. If people are interested, they can call you, and you can meet at the table to finish the deal. We will not sell the items for you, unelss you want 100% of the proceeds to go to WRS/DW
4.gif

Please post any questions

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh another ? are we gonna have name tags for everyone.At times i hate them but it nice to put a face to a name.

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool! welcome aboard. We picked up a few additional vendors late last week as well. Our Marketing guy also spoke with the Milwaukee Journal and it sounds like the swap will be advertised in the Weekend Cue section. For those of you unfamiliar, its the section that lists all interesting activities that are happening the following weekend in and around milwaukee. We have had really good luck with the turn out at events when they are listed in the Cue.

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah!!!! im so happy!!!!!!

we just booked a room at the hyatt regency for just under $60 including tax!!!! it will be the best place me and the wife have ever ben at!! she will love me more now :D

mark_molly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any deadline as to when you can register to come? we've been thinking and thinking and thinking and I just realized it's this month now! Is it too late to "pre-register"?
-Molly

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are not to late. We are keeping registration open for attendees until the 17th (2 days before the event).

I was hoping you guys were attending. If memory serves you have a $10 credit with us for that frag that didn't make the journey in July.

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this should be the final vendor/Trader list in no particular order with the club affiliation as it was listed on the signup sheets.

House of Corals (Jeff Christiansen) (MARS)
Paul's Corals
Mark Moeller (MARS)
Jim's Reef (Jim Strauss) (UPMMAS)
Mark Eisenhandler (MARS)
inTank (Steve Taggart)
MidWest Saltwater (Bill Davis)
Dave Vissers (Fox Valley)
Robyn Terwilliger (BloomNormal)
Jim Gubrud (Twin Cities)
YZ Reef
T&Z aquatics (Scott Zieglemier)(Fox Valley)
Harry Reinsmith (SLASH)
Fred Bosckor (Fox Valley)
C-Sea Aquatics
Dirk Griffin

mark_molly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we're definitely going to be there. We just have to see if a third person will be coming w/ us and we'll be making the reservations. YAY!! I am so excited :)
I was reading thru this thread and I saw the posting of the fish fry and movie on friday night -- that sounds like so much fun! Can't wait for the weekend to get here!

bigcity51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at Discovery World for the Clean Rivers/Clean Lakes conference, very nice place. Been cycling my tank for too long ; ) waiting for a chance to pick up some decent frags. Is there any way to pre register without doing it over the phone? I usually drive pass Discovery World every day, so it wouldn't be that hard for me to stop in. See you all there!!

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure, stop in and ask for Mike Armgardt at the membership desk and we will get you signed up. And if you want a sneak peek at our coral bin ask mike to find me. (Paul Hayden)

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we're definitely going to be there. We just have to see if a third person will be coming w/ us and we'll be making the reservations. YAY!! I am so excited :)
I was reading thru this thread and I saw the posting of the fish fry and movie on friday night -- that sounds like so much fun! Can't wait for the weekend to get here!

cool! there is more info on the Fish Fry and movie located Point Beer: Fish Fry & A Flick on the Lakefront at Discovery World here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back