Disease free algae….

  • Thread starter Thread starter winxp_man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

winxp_man

So Many Tanks, So Little Time
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2024
Messages
2,140
Reaction score
2,390
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys, can I get names of trusted algae resellers. My LFS sells the stuff my tang bunch and angel fish love. But got ich in the tank for a second time this year because of it. First was no QT’ing of fish got me velvet, then ich from not doing fallow with proper QT, and and about a month ago it was from a LFS that I would buy algae from. They have just about everything that marine fish can have in a sense of diseases haha. So they handle fish in tanks that have whatever you can think of, and then go into the algae tank and grab it from there.

Will rodi bath for a time clear much of what can stick to algae?
 
Highly doubt ich attacked to macro algae. It would be more likely that ich free swimming larvae came in with the water that transported the seaweed. With that said, not all seaweed is the same. For firm macro algae I have used a fresh water dip for 10 minutes. For me that meant cleaning visible gha from Bortacladia.

These are quality vendors:
GulfCoast Ecosystems, Algae Barn and Mosaic Macros.
 
Highly doubt ich attacked to macro algae. It would be more likely that ich free swimming larvae came in with the water that transported the seaweed. With that said, not all seaweed is the same. For firm macro algae I have used a fresh water dip for 10 minutes. For me that meant cleaning visible gha from Bortacladia.

These are quality vendors:
GulfCoast Ecosystems, Algae Barn and Mosaic Macros.

Yes it’s what I meant the water the algae came in.
 
Cheato can handle freshwater bath , I accidently forgot that I was doing that and my chaeto stayed in FW overnight .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new