Display refugium split concept tank

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to have 6ft tank with lots of wrasses and a couple of tangs, a foxface and maybe an angel and a butterfly. But I also like macros and clams and other things that tend to get eaten by these fish. Would an 8 foot tank with a clear acrylic partition at about 2 feet in be doable?

1. Would the tangs go absolutely bonkers seeing all that tasty macro and not being able to get to it?
2. What corals would go best in the refugium side vs. the non-reef-safe fish side? Meats and clams and such?
3. Thinking some smaller fish that wouldn't do great with the big boys can also go in the refugium side.

Any thoughts?

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there was room, I would just set up a display fuge next to the main tank and tie it into the same sump. If you are cutting an 8' tank with a divider you could possibly do a 6' and a 2'-3' tank next to it. My main thought is the divider area will look like garbage after a while, algae, coralline and whatever else will grow on it and in the seams. It will probably be a pain to keep clean and unnoticeable by the viewer.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back