Display volume

xslimzx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m planning to get a new tank. Going to do a dry build (FOWLR) and I am mainly going to keep tangs. Planning to get a sohal tang, I know length of the tank (tank will be 6 ft) is important but also trying to see how important display volume is? A tank I’m looking at is total 197G , 144G display + 53G sump. Would that be enough water to house a lot of tangs? Or should I aim for more volume in the display volume.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning to get a new tank. Going to do a dry build (FOWLR) and I am mainly going to keep tangs. Planning to get a sohal tang, I know length of the tank (tank will be 6 ft) is important but also trying to see how important display volume is? A tank I’m looking at is total 197G , 144G display + 53G sump. Would that be enough water to house a lot of tangs? Or should I aim for more volume in the display volume.
What's "a lot" of Tangs?
Display volume is not that relevant when you're talking swim space. A 6 foot long, 2 foot wide and 2 foot deep tank is 200 gallons and would be fine for a few Tangs. A 6 foot deep, 2 foot long and 2 foot wide tank is also 200 gallons but wouldn't be fine for even one Tang.

OP
OP
X

xslimzx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's "a lot" of Tangs?
Display volume is not that relevant when you're talking swim space. A 6 foot long, 2 foot wide and 2 foot deep tank is 200 gallons and would be fine for a few Tangs. A 6 foot deep, 2 foot long and 2 foot wide tank is also 200 gallons but wouldn't be fine for even one Tang.
Probably like 10+ tangs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back