Displayed settings not matching GCC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever had their P4 just kind of lose it's mind? I noticed 1 of 4 Mitras was off from the others a few days ago. All 4 fixtures are controlled by the P4 acting as the master. The dates/language on all 4 units and my P4 itself are all wrong the (same) wrong date and displaying the day in German.

GCC shows everything set correctly, with English and the correct time/day.

I will probably just unplug the P4 and re-plug it in to see if that fixes it but am wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else? Or should I be concerned?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if @Ditto can be any help.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t use daylight savings time. America and Europe change at different times. I also don’t use automatic detection either. @Ditto will no know for sure.

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t use daylight savings time. America and Europe change at different times. I also don’t use automatic detection either. @Ditto will no know for sure.
That shouldn’t effect the date/language displayed though should it?

I don’t think I even have it set to adjust for that anyway.

I did try unplugging and re-plugging in the P4 just to see if it helped, it did not.

Might have to do a reset but still wondering what caused the problem in the first place.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbl - Thanks for the Tag.

This is a new one for me :(. @Vinny@GHLUSA for help also.

Did you open up a support ticket on this one?

Did you by chance do something in the app?

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbl - Thanks for the Tag.

This is a new one for me :(. @Vinny@GHLUSA for help also.

Did you open up a support ticket on this one?

Did you by chance do something in the app?
I haven't opened a support ticket on it, but may have to. I figured the easy start was the old unplug/re-plug.

No changes in the app or GCC any recent times. Just came home from a day away on the weekend to see the lights off sync with each other and has stayed that way ever since. Very strange.

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: removed pic

Last edited:

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually its weird.. my lights usedto be on exact same page with thedisplay.. now they are off...lighting is right but when it shows lets say the blue light percentage. the other one shows the blue light percentage on the next turn... im thinking if i turn them off and back on together.or not sure why they got out of sync

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I haven’t opened a ticket on this yet as I’ve still been trying to determine what exactly is the issue. All lights display the proper time and date and match the P4. During peak hours all display the same percentage on every channel across the board. It’s the dawn/dusk that’s affected. One light comes on sooner than the rest and dims/goes off before the rest.

The thing is they are all controlled by the pwc card and all set to slave sequentially on the same channel just like they’ve always been. So, in theory, there should be no way one is off schedule from the rest. They are all programmed to the same light project.

A head scratcher for sure.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I haven’t opened a ticket on this yet as I’ve still been trying to determine what exactly is the issue. All lights display the proper time and date and match the P4. During peak hours all display the same percentage on every channel across the board. It’s the dawn/dusk that’s affected. One light comes on sooner than the rest and dims/goes off before the rest.

The thing is they are all controlled by the pwc card and all set to slave sequentially on the same channel just like they’ve always been. So, in theory, there should be no way one is off schedule from the rest. They are all programmed to the same light project.

A head scratcher for sure.

Is there a time difference to master on the light itself? That the only thing I could think of?

7DA3C4DB-6720-464B-B82D-A14EAFC13923.png

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double checked all settings regarding time/date, slave settings etc and all fixtures match up and match up to the P4.

I think it would be impossible for one fixture in a chain of four slaves to follow some kind of moon cycle/simulation without the others following as well. Plus this is second in line in the chain of slaves.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you.. I would get a support ticket open on it and ask them to see what they say..

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've submitted a ticket, we shall see what happens. I will update this as I learn more just in case it should ever help someone else.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back