Ditch the LPS for a nem?

carnthetiges

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2021
Messages
39
Reaction score
6
Location
Sydney
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a mixed 15g nano - mostly softies and a few LPS.
I haven't been having much luck with the LPS and i think a big factor is an overly mouthy clown.
It's super protective of a patch of zoas that host it, whilst the LPS are away from it i've caught her tearing polyps a couple of times.

So Plan B - softies and a nem?
Would a nem be better equipped to handle the clowns love/hate?
 
Or plan A2, switch out the terrorist clown.
As much as i'd love to i don't think the kido's could handle it.

There's also a bit of a cold war going on between the clown, a dottyback and a hawk - a change to livestock equilibrium will start ww3. Short a of a nuclear apocalypses and a complete re-stock the clown stays.
 
I suppose if all of your parameters are inline and stable. You could switch out..

My concern would be that it wasn't actually the clownfish that was not allowing your LPS to thrive. And underlying condition for LPS will be likely a same underlying condition to anemone. There's really no guarantee your clown will jump into it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new