Divers Den selling the fish I bought... ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairly urgent question here in case Liveaquaria is reading...

I ordered a fish in DD the other day and it’s apparently shipped this afternoon. Item #0501201148. Beautiful Nebula Picasso Clown.

The same fish is now for sale, again, as a new item in DD, item 0504201051

They are the same fish.

Very frustrating as I’m liable to have *a* fish at my house tomorrow morning before I even get a reply from Liveaquaria.

Anyway half posting to see if this has happened to anyone else, half as a warning... and half to see if a rep from LA is around. :(

I don’t know what to do.

96F1B3E3-DAF1-4B4D-902F-9484CDD33CD2.jpeg 7B01DF51-37B1-498E-BC0E-B95471ED1887.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DD is very known to post file photos unless WYSIWYG is specified. They could very well have 60 on hand and continue to list until supply is exhausted

mward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Live Aquaria can be hard to deal with. A group of people of people including so called supervisors that don't know whats going on. Ask for Kevin Kohen - the main man. Unlikely that you will be put through to him but it's worth asking...

OP
OP
S

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DD is very known to post file photos unless WYSIWYG is specified. They could very well have 60 on hand and continue to list until supply is exhausted

seriously? The whole point of divers den is that it’s wysiwyg... the site actually refers to it as the “Divers Den WYSIWYG Store” ... that’s what makes the divers den a different section of the site from the rest. Is it not?

OP
OP
S

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live Aquaria can be hard to deal with. A group of people of people including so called supervisors that don't know whats going on. Ask for Kevin Kohen - the main man. Unlikely that you will be put through to him but it's worth asking...
Thank you I’ll either get lucky tomorrow with the fish or I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the same fish to me...like 99.9% the same. The only difference is the shade of eye color but I think it’s due to the way the fish was positioned for the camera. There’s a good chance they took multiple pics of the fish you purchased while they were getting ready to list it and accidentally reposted the picture of your fish. I got a DD clown almost a month ago and it was exactly the fish I purchased. I made sure...my clown had a very unique pattern and it matches what I actually got. I also noticed 8-10 more of the same kind being listed the same week as when I purchased mine so they must have had a batch of them. I would be a little upset if I was in your shoes but if the fish is already shipped then there’s nothing to do but wait and see. Hope you get the correct fish!!

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree I think they are different as well. The bottoms of the fish are different as well as some other markings if you look closely.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait to see what you get before getting all worked up over it .....

mtgibson2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I look, the more I see slight differences in the fish. In the tail on the bottom photo in each group, slightly different coloring. I admit they’re close, and that I could be thinking wishful, but you may just get what you bought.

Good luck.
definitely wishful thinking, those photos have to be of the same fish way way to much the same for it to not be the same fish

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back