Divers Den selling the fish I bought... ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but ORA is..I vote dif fish... also a clutch of clowns is normally like 50 fish and many of them can be dam near identical.. Also I think the current trend in clownfish is dumb... "arctic blizzard snow clown"..makes just as much sence as " matts fuzzy wuzzy blue berry bombastic digi"...when in fact it's just a digi... To me they serve no purpose other than to hear kids scream NEMO and can be easily captive bread. To pay so much is a trend that just needs to go away.
Designer dogs of the sea!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has talked about the markings and there are obvious differences yes, 2nd fish has an elongation in the middle black stripe. Dorsal stripe is not as wide. Etc. But the most obvious differences are 'facial' : the 2nd fish's snout is much less pronounced. The jaw does not jut out as far. The eyesockets are minutely smaller. Etc Bear in mind also that clownfish can be extremely identical to each other.

If you look closely, you can see the fish on the left is almost perfectly flat/straight, while the fish on the right is curved, it's head and tail are turned slightly towards (bottom right pic) or away (top right pic) from the camera creating a slight variation in the pattern shapes due to the angle.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following and curious to find out.

I think I see some small differences between the two pairs. But could be attributed to small differences in the positions of the fish. If they are different pairs, it's really crazy they were able to pair up two sets of nearly identical fish!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following and curious to find out.

I think I see some small differences between the two pairs. But could be attributed to small differences in the positions of the fish. If they are different pairs, it's really crazy they were able to pair up two sets of nearly identical fish!

It is one single fish if I am not mistaken. Not a pair. Though a pair would be great.

OP
OP
S

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I think it’s the right one!

F08BF24F-BA0F-4A79-ADE1-56A74F96137B.png 1C5E76DE-B1FE-4297-BF12-F7742BDE381C.png 43744A48-2C59-4170-B71F-D0D8D0512C37.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back