Divers Den selling the fish I bought... ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
S

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely the one I ordered.. now I’m going to have to ask LA about the ‘other fish’ for sale just out of curiosity... I won’t buy it though, I already have a Picasso in the tank awaiting her new boyfriend.

242BB11E-6E07-4F8B-AD3C-9A4E3AEB4173.png

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that other fish is also WYSIWYG or maybe they just used the photo from yours because it's a nice specimen?

At any rate, thanks for the morning entertainment!

OP
OP
S

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that other fish is also WYSIWYG or maybe they just used the photo from yours because it's a nice specimen?

At any rate, thanks for the morning entertainment!

They’re both from Divers Den.. I’ll try and ask liveaquaria about it when I get a chance

OP
OP
S

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone at Live Aquaria responded to my inquiry (including pictures) and here it is:

“Thank you for your email. We appreciate the information provided. There are slight differences in the specimens. The patterns are very similar but the fins are slightly different. We apologize for the confusion with this but the specimens are different.“

I.... don’t believe them lol what the heck?!

OP
OP
S

sporeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just proof how similar fish can look, when looking closely it is easy to tell they are not the same fish.
fish.png

Even the tiny splotch of lightness behind the notch is present in both fish... My brain can’t believe they’re different

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looks the same to me. I think the tail on the right pic is curved towards the viewer. The anal fin on the right pic is curved way upward, you can see the faint line which is the bottom edge of the fin curved up. Anywho, the mystery lives on I guess.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my order 180 bucks of snails and bag I couldn't see through it. Cut it open I almost died. Not one alive trochus rotten. So rotten they weren't even alive when they packaged them. Apalled

Beautiful clowns. Glad your happy!
Ugh! Don't tell me that! I am waiting for a box full of snails from them, too! I had that happen once before. They have always been so nice to me when I have had losses. Even some really expensive ones.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh! Don't tell me that! I am waiting for a box full of snails from them, too! I had that happen once before. They have always been so nice to me when I have had losses. Even some really expensive ones.

Bagging too many trochus together is typically a recipe for disaster. One goes, they all go. I highly recommend ReefCleaners for your CUC needs.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this like one of those millennial things??? Insta freak out rage over a clown fish that looks like another clown fish?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think the same. Pic on right seems to be taken a tad closer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back