• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dividers for refugium sump

LatinoHeat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
287
Reaction score
159
Location
West suburb of Chicago.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kinda new here & wanted to see if anyone made the dividers for a 29 gal refugium sump. The outside dimensions are 30 in. - 12 1/2 in. - 18 3/4 in.
 
You can buy acrylic from amazon and cut it yourself using a utility knife and flat surface to snap it in half. I just ordered two white pieces (12”x12”) for a new tank I’ll be working on next week. I can shoot you a video how easy it is if you’d like. literally takes seconds to do it.
 
Please. I've been trying to buy a sump that someone had lying around but no hits. Ebay kits are really expensive. Please send all links.
 
reefin aint cheap!

i ordered a kit from ebay. waiting for it to come today.
 
It can be. Patience is key. I've been doing this for almost 2 decades.


I've seen those. Let me know how you like it.
I like it! Quiet AF! Just let the silicone cure or you’ll be sorry

wike up to a dead enchinata and dying Cali tort. All Parameters check it except nitrogen and phosphate. I have none!
 
I bought my baffles on melevs reef. It was affordable and quick service even with the current pandemic situation. He cuts the acrylic to your exact size, and the edges are nice and beveled so not sharp. He ships them with the protective paper still on them so they dont get scratched. The actual shipping cost for my order was less than the automatic charge that was added on the website so he gave me a refund for the difference. Amazing customer service.
 
I bought my baffles on melevs reef. It was affordable and quick service even with the current pandemic situation. He cuts the acrylic to your exact size, and the edges are nice and beveled so not sharp. He ships them with the protective paper still on them so they dont get scratched. The actual shipping cost for my order was less than the automatic charge that was added on the website so he gave me a refund for the difference. Amazing customer service.

You weren't kidding. I'll probably be ordering mine from there. WoW!
 
wow if I had seen melevs reef prices, I would of never did mine in glass. I may just redo my sump now.
 
I'm actually going with the ebay kit. The one from melev was at good price but the one I'm getting from Ebay is including a media sock holder at 7" instead of 4". Melev doesn't offer that at all.
 
I'm actually going with the ebay kit. The one from melev was at good price but the one I'm getting from Ebay is including a media sock holder at 7" instead of 4". Melev doesn't offer that at all.
I went with a Bubble Magus Filter Roll, so I did no want the Media sock holder.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new