Diving back in with a Marineland Portait 5gal

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright sooooo, screen lid and the Prime 16HD light were both added Saturday the 9th. CUC arrived Wednesday the 13th and was added that night. I ordered extra snails to get to minimum order and traded those for a small nickel size frag of GSP yesterday, that was added last night.

Then a tragedy this morning, the female clown jumped out of tank sometime last night. Because the tank is rimless I had to get the clips to hold screen lid in place and there is maybe a 1/4” gap around the lid. It somehow managed to get through that little gap. I think I’m going to buy some real thin aluminum and make a small L channel to attach to the screen lid that will sit on and around the tank to close all gaps. It’ll probably be a few weeks before I add another clown.
that's really unfortunate........ I have a lid like that on my freshwater dennerle scapers tank, and could never imagine a clown jumping through that!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back