OP
SteelShark

SteelShark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R! People here are friendly, knowledgeable, and ready to help. Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. We’d love to see your build as it progresses.

As several have stated there are many advantages to a larger tank. They tend to be more forgiving than smaller tanks because of the volume. You’ll also be able to keep a larger array of fish and corals. I’m excited for you!
Thanks! Yep, I started a build thread - nice way to track the progress and get help along the way. I'm definitely excited about the large tank!

OP
OP
SteelShark

SteelShark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a great tank! Believe it or not, bigger is easier due to more water volume which gives you more wiggle room for error. That 30" deep will allow you to have a better aquascape. Thats actually a perfect size for a reef! Also, that tank has an overflow built in. I don't think you need to drill. look on the bottom or through the overflow for holes. Welcome into the hobby and to Reef2Reef!!
Thanks! I know it is unusual, but the tank is definitely not drilled yet, no overflow holes. I wish it had them already!

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As everyone will saybor has said, patience is key. Ask questions, more questions, and even more. Don't buy fish just because lol in a tank that size getting them out will be fun. I have a 96x30x24 myself (roughly 250g,) and fishing out fish is miserable. Also w acrylic ya gotta have a specific algae scrubber so it doesn't mar the acrylic. Or that's what I was told. Have a blast with rock work it's my favorite part and I suck at it lol. It's a really fun and crazy hobby. You will mess up, things will die, money will be spent. Just stay at it and enjoy. Source local hobbies coral if ya can as well. A year enjoy that beautiful tank. Get ya a great sump set up and buy better equipment on the start so ya don't spend extra. Done all of these things myself. Enjoy and welcome!!

OP
OP
SteelShark

SteelShark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As everyone will saybor has said, patience is key. Ask questions, more questions, and even more. Don't buy fish just because lol in a tank that size getting them out will be fun. I have a 96x30x24 myself (roughly 250g,) and fishing out fish is miserable. Also w acrylic ya gotta have a specific algae scrubber so it doesn't mar the acrylic. Or that's what I was told. Have a blast with rock work it's my favorite part and I suck at it lol. It's a really fun and crazy hobby. You will mess up, things will die, money will be spent. Just stay at it and enjoy. Source local hobbies coral if ya can as well. A year enjoy that beautiful tank. Get ya a great sump set up and buy better equipment on the start so ya don't spend extra. Done all of these things myself. Enjoy and welcome!!
Great advice, thank you!

Back