Diy 30 Gallon sump

Areeflover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2018
Messages
641
Reaction score
232
Location
Destin, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys has anyone built a diy 30 gallon sump? If so how did you do it and what dimensions were the glass panes?
 
How fancy are you looking to get with this? I have a 30ish gallon one that I built most recently that I tried to model after sumps like Trigger System sumps.
0327172321.jpg
20180425_232044.jpg
 
Standard 30g Breeder aquariums are commonly converted in to sumps.

36" x 18" x 12"
 
Not too fancy.. I have the tank already.. I was just curious how big people had their glass panes cut so I can compare to my measurements
 
I used acrylic sheets in mine from the hardware store, and if I'm remembering correctly, I cut them maybe an 1/8th inch shorter than the inside width of the tank. This allowed me to have a little wiggle room to make sure they were straight. Also, if you haven't pick up any silicone yet, this stuff works great.
 
I used acrylic sheets in mine from the hardware store, and if I'm remembering correctly, I cut them maybe an 1/8th inch shorter than the inside width of the tank. This allowed me to have a little wiggle room to make sure they were straight. Also, if you haven't pick up any silicone yet, this stuff works great.
How much was the acrylic?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new