DIY Acrylic dropoff tank

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for the correct steps for welding up an acrylic dropoff tank.
Have you done it? What order were the panels welded together?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic welding is welding and the joint welded right should not matter as long as the joint is prepped before welding. Meaning clean and smooth. No I have not fabricated a drop of tank, but I have done a few other acrylic projects in the past.

This would be a good thread to ask questions in link

alexquok711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine did that, he shoot the welding in the between of the pannel. and do a brace outside. been good for a year

OP
OP
Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic welding is welding and the joint welded right should not matter as long as the joint is prepped before welding. Meaning clean and smooth. No I have not fabricated a drop of tank, but I have done a few other acrylic projects in the past.

This would be a good thread to ask questions in link
I have been working acrylic and building tanks and sumps for the past 5 years. I have a great system for preping and welding the seams. I did post up this question earlier on the link you posted. No word froms Acrylics as of this time. As I understand there is a certain order in which the panels "should" be welded. I am just not sure of that order. With the price of acrylic these days, I want to get my ducks in a row.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working acrylic and building tanks and sumps for the past 5 years. I have a great system for preping and welding the seams. I did post up this question earlier on the link you posted. No word froms Acrylics as of this time. As I understand there is a certain order in which the panels "should" be welded. I am just not sure of that order. With the price of acrylic these days, I want to get my ducks in a row.

It's in good to have a plan, lets see if someone from #reefsquad would not the answer.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a particular order in which the panels should be "welded". If you go to the linked thread above, and go to the first several pages, it is discussed. Now, having said that, I'm not sure that would change given you are making a drop-off tank. I would suggest making another post in that thread and possibly tagging the author.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back