DIY Acrylic Frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter SpSDrew
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SpSDrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
2,525
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
1
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have experience with working with acrylic but not at the scale of a larger frag tank.

72 x 30 x 12

or 48 x 36 x 12

If I were to do the size mentioned above, and perimeter euro brace (3" wide. 18mm thick) and use 18mm thick acrylic would this prevent the need for a cross brace?

At point (length/height) would a cross brace be required? I could go as thick as 1" acrylic
 
I have experience with working with acrylic but not at the scale of a larger frag tank.

72 x 30 x 12

or 48 x 36 x 12

If I were to do the size mentioned above, and perimeter euro brace (3" wide. 18mm thick) and use 18mm thick acrylic would this prevent the need for a cross brace?

At point (length/height) would a cross brace be required? I could go as thick as 1" acrylic
Hi there. Check out our system 7 kit prices here. We are working on the images.
 
I recently built a sump of those sides. I braced the ends corner to corner for extra strength I moved that middle brace to the end.

I built my glass tank too 6ft by 30 by 18
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20221016-123350.png
    Screenshot_20221016-123350.png
    715.3 KB · Views: 75
I recently built a sump of those sides. I braced the ends corner to corner for extra strength I moved that middle brace to the end.

I built my glass tank too 6ft by 30 by 18
The acrylic here was 5/8

It has some bend in the center of the straights. 1 inch is likely better maybe plan for a brace and test fill?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new