DIY AIO Baffle Design Input

EricSD

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm currently building an 17gal AIO. This is an upgrade system from a 5gal nano that's been running great with weekly filter floss and water changes. I am happy with the results and not looking to complicate with additional equipment such a skimmer or reactor.

Which baffle design would work best? Pros/Cons?

A: This was my initial thought for the water flow to go over, but is the second baffle useless and cause bubbles?
B: Simplest design. Seems like it would function fine.
C: General recommendation is to isolate the heater in case the water level drops, however the ATO should resolve this and with weekly water changes, I can't imagine this being missed.

What am I missing that you experts see right away? :)

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 2.39.16 PM.png
 
C is definitely what most manufacturers build and definitely the safest route. A would trap bubbles and I think b will allow microbubbling to occur. Personally I'd go c every time
 
C is definitely what most manufacturers build and definitely the safest route. A would trap bubbles and I think b will allow microbubbling to occur. Personally I'd go c every time
B will also mean any issue with tank water level can result in the heater out of the water, C is the safest for the heater placement
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new