DIY Algae Reactor

Yes, it works really well but I took it down about 2 weeks ago because I didn't like seeing it hang on the side of my tank. I don't have a cabinet that opens up so it had to hang on the side which took away from the tanks appeal. If I had a way to hide it, I would still use it.

Thank you! You going to sell it? lol
 
I hadn't planned on it. Plus I pulled the leds off to wrap around a hang on back refugium. It's about half a wide as that reactor is, so I didn't have to pull the tank out from the wall.
 
Here is what I finished today. We shall see how it works.
62fb3d76ffc5458f0fbd24c64c72f6cc.jpg
f178318b075e665c101df91bdd891587.jpg
c7cf41cd658641823a5e0758ade27fae.jpg
28416ce2e059c4c5966297c08814f5bf.jpg
Talk lighting to me. I just ordered what Robin is using from AquaTop. Red? Red/blue? White? Just chaeto...
 
I am interested in knowing if something like this will work with the Triton core7 plan.
 
I’m not sure. I’m not will versed with that type of system. But if you do add one, I highly recommend getting one that’s easy to take apart. Otherwise you’ll get tired of it. I quit using mine for a couple months instead of opening it up to harvest the macro every week like I should have but I quickly went back to it. They are a great addition to a reef tank. The amount of life and different types of pods inside of it is amazing. I find myself looking at it every once in a while with as much interest as I look at my reef.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new