DIY algae scrubber for biocube 29

  • Thread starter Thread starter jk_s124
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG
So I finally got the scrubber that @Katepete722 suggested. The seller was very helpful and the ATS seems both well designed and well built. I like that it uses the natural flow from chambers 1 - 2. I had to sand it down in some spots to better fit my 2nd chamber. I also had to make a dang that sat on the wall between the first and second chamber to throttle the flow. With out it my third chamber filled too fast and my display tank level was too low. I also cut a piece of plastic that fit accrossed the 2nd chamber to help hold some filter floss in place. I bought an Acke 12 watt grow light that I attached to the back with some Velcro strips.
Love the esthetics of this!

Do you need might on both side of the screen ? I'm planning to just attach an outside light but not sure if I need another one that goes inside to light up the other side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new