DIY ALGAE WATERFALL, TURF SCRUBBER

reeftigergal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I simply took my diy 6' sump and where the water enters the sump and upflows over a wall into my floss etc and before, skimmer, bio pellet reactor, CA reactor and 2 refugiums I installed a sanded mesh sheet that hangs down and lays across the floss sheet, with a chaetomax light on opposite display lights. Works amazingly well.
I also did the same DIY on my sump in a 47 corner bow front reef as well, and again 100 percent effective

NCM_0749.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
reeftigergal

reeftigergal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NCM_0749.JPG

I simply took my diy 6' sump and where the water enters the sump and upflows over a wall into my floss etc and before, skimmer, bio pellet reactor, CA reactor and 2 refugiums I installed a sanded mesh sheet that hangs down and lays across the floss sheet, with a chaetomax light on opposite display lights. Works amazingly well.
I also did the same DIY on my sump in a 47 corner bow front reef as well, and again 100 percent effective

NCM_0749.JPG

Richard Poole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NCM_0749.JPG
[/QUOTE

Any standoff photos please im looking into having a turf scrubber

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back