DIY ATO res question.

Jason Austin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to make a DIY ato reservoir. I'm thinking acrylic maybe 3/8 due to its shape. I want it to hold 15-20 gallons. Would need to be narrow and tall. Something like 6-8"x16"x32"tall.

Anybody ever make something like this for an ATO. One heck of a space saver ATO res that's for sure.

If you have a photo of a tall thin ATO please post a pic and what it's made of and if you made it.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Yeah that one is nice. There are some nice ones in google. Looks like I'll order some acrylic from the local shop here and build one. Thinking about picking up a couple nylon hinges to make a little access door for filling.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new