DIY CHILLER, FROM WINDOW A/C

I did this about 10 years ago. Used a 18000btu unit. Worked great. Added a heat tape to the compressor for low temperature starting. I had a titanium heat exchanger from Ebay.
 
Hey Doc,
No ss316 ain't gonna work. You the doc of dendro. I the doc of aquarium engineering.
You ouggta use titanium for this, the coil is available for 100, 150 dollars of China. You want me to hit you up with the link lemme know.
Also how to wire and run that up, I could show you with baby steps.
@captrichc was asking, if you know a reasonable vendor for titanium coil, let us know.
Thanks for reply.

Screenshot_2019-10-02-09-26-32.png
 
Apologies on digging old thread. will like to DIY as well. hence, can I check if the air con compressor need to be an inverter or non inverter type? or it doesnt really matter?
Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new