OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After wiring unit. All units different. Being in the HVACR industry. Can wire in my sleep.

Units being different, won't go into detail with wiring

Pulled a vacuum, all ok. I charged unit

Again waiting for controller

20180713_102223.jpg

Stav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Let us know how it works after everything will be set includes the controller.
I’m telling you now I’m going to do the same! Thanks for sharing

Stav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting to hear next week how is it working, well done bro

Stav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still cooling.
What do you mean still cooling? Isn’t it going off, you said after 40 min it made the temp around 72-76f it should go off after 1 hour and 30 min if I get you well.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know if you have this in US but in Sweden there is popular with floor heating. The pipes used to floor heating is Al pipes covered with a plastic shield. They are soft and you can easily make a round exchanger of them like yours titanium. I have use this construction in order to chill a reef aquarium from the normal chilling system in a building their I work. All connections well away from the water. Works very well - a simple solenoid valve connected with a temperature controller - on - off. Works for many years. example.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know if you have this in US but in Sweden there is popular with floor heating. The pipes used to floor heating is Al pipes covered with a plastic shield. They are soft and you can easily make a round exchanger of them like yours titanium. I have use this construction in order to chill a reef aquarium from the normal chilling system in a building their I work. All connections well away from the water. Works very well - a simple solenoid valve connected with a temperature controller - on - off. Works for many years. example.

Sincerely Lasse
I don't know. What you mention part of radiant heat system. If they have it here. Will try. Thanks

Chewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Cool. Years ago I had ran 3/8 poly tube too my refrigerator with 50 ft in fridge back to the tank with a poly ball valve inline to throttle temp and a small pump in the sump to circulate it.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Dr. Dendrostein . Great build. I'm trying to figure out something similar as well. I'm not an HVAC guy but I am an electrician. If I sent you a model number of a window unit you think you can help me me out? Also could you use stainless coil as well? Instead of titanium?
Just notice your reply, let me know what your planning. Also if going with SS, I think 316ss, that's for marine. Was on Ebay for $70 with free shipping. 2 years ago.

Screenshot_2019-09-28-20-44-50-1.png

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Doc,
No ss316 ain't gonna work. You the doc of dendro. I the doc of aquarium engineering.
You ouggta use titanium for this, the coil is available for 100, 150 dollars of China. You want me to hit you up with the link lemme know.
Also how to wire and run that up, I could show you with baby steps.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back