DIY Cone Skimmer Kit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I was going to suggest giving it to me but I guess a fair giveaway is probably best lol.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to get some positive feedback on this so quickly.

Quinn, we have always offered skimmers with pump "option" for this very reason.

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to see what these will look like! Can you use colored acrylic? I want green and orange! HAHA!

Hey I have only built an acrylic overflow before, if you want someone with minimal experience to build one ;) haha

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to see what these will look like! Can you use colored acrylic? I want green and orange! HAHA!

Hey I have only built an acrylic overflow before, if you want someone with minimal experience to build one ;) haha

If you cut your own parts and built that overflow you have more than enough experience to put a kit together. Since we do all the machining and produce a nice fitting joint (this is the key to a strong joint with very little effort) this will be like putting together an Ikea bookcase, except we supply solvent rather than an allen wrench :wink:

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds really cool. I actually just finished up the second skimmer from the 2 troylee and I built. Lee should have his today.

I like the fact you offer kits. it sames some folks some $$ and gets them a great product. they have some more pride in it as well. Nothing like doing something your self and having the sence of accomplishment.

Mojo~

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you cut your own parts and built that overflow you have more than enough experience to put a kit together. Since we do all the machining and produce a nice fitting joint (this is the key to a strong joint with very little effort) this will be like putting together an Ikea bookcase, except we supply solvent rather than an allen wrench :wink:

All I did was glue it :(
haha, I couldn't cut a straight line to save my life....

jascymcl

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very ,very interesting :eek:oh: muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh:xd: do it!!!!

lurchw00t

Wham Bam Shazaam!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd definetly be interested.

I attempted to build just a cone with some scrap acrylic..... it didn't turn out so hot!

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first post now has pictures......

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Whats the price?

Planning on doing a first run of 24 kits to ship on or before August 20th. That will give us time to adjust venturi to match up on the skimmer, get instructional videos up on youtube and work out packaging. Pricing for this initial run will be $160 for the kit, add a sicce psk 2500 pinwheel pump for $65, add a Swabbie for $100. We want to keep the price really reasonable on this first run of 24 units so we can get feedback, I hope a bunch of R2R members take advantage of this! We should have a preorder page up sometime soon.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back