DIY Cone Skimmer Kit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can we pre pay for these or do we need to wait till they are actually avaible

I have been flooded with PM's on this kit so preorder seems like a very good idea. We should have a order page up within an hour or so. I will post again when it is live.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very good, if someone wanted to the tunze hydrofoamer 9410 would be a really nice pump for this skimmer too. A lot more money as well. THat is a great price on the sicce pumps too. And if someone has a pump laying around they can just buy the kit.

half tempted to buy one myself just to play with but I have no where to put it ! lol. Looks great. I am sure people will like this.

Mojo~

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great price! Wish I had the need for one that size :( Im just waiting on sumthing smaller as I need a good skimmer for a great price for my nano

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been talking about doing a nano skimmer for a while, just never settled on a pump for it.

lurchw00t

Wham Bam Shazaam!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I assume this will need to be bonded together on a few pieces with some weld-on or other acrylic solvent?

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I assume this will need to be bonded together on a few pieces with some weld-on or other acrylic solvent?

That is correct. We supply the solvent with the kit. Because of this we can only ship the kit by ground service so please don't pay the extra for priority (we just refund the difference when this happens), for international orders we ship the kit but cannot ship the solvent at this time.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kits are still in preorder land. The only ones using them are Justin and myself :) The first orders are scheduled for shipment 1 week from today........

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could use a atman 2500 or the 1100 depending on size.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started packing the kits today for this Friday shipment.

Here is a picture of the modded volutes with the clear polished venturi we made specifically to match the pinwheel and skimmer body.

Nice smooth transition = very reliable pump.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Any plans on making a bigger diy cone skimmer?
Say in the 325gallon range?
And would you use a different pump?

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans on making a bigger diy cone skimmer?
Say in the 325gallon range?
And would you use a different pump?
Hi mfinn,

The answer to all three questions is "Yes", but unfortunately I don't have any specifics yet. We're working on shipping the first round of cone kits on Friday. Once those are out and we get feedback on the kits we will start working on the larger size. I expect sometime later this fall, once we have a chance to evaluate larger pumps and design a venturi/volute if necessary.

Justin

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got my kit in on tues, and will start assembly tonight... this thing looks great and its gonna be a BEAST!!! thanks justin!!!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back