DIY Coral vitamins by using humans multi-vit supplement

thejacgues

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody.
By studying ingredients of some coral's health and growth boosting supplements I have found out that these contain basically the same vitamins as mammals (specifically humans) consume. I wonder - would that be a bad idea to make a cost effective solution and just use very dilluted multi vitamin supplement?
What are the contraindications? Would corals need similar ratio of vitamins as humans do?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody.
By studying ingredients of some coral's health and growth boosting supplements I have found out that these contain basically the same vitamins as mammals (specifically humans) consume. I wonder - would that be a bad idea to make a cost effective solution and just use very dilluted multi vitamin supplement?
What are the contraindications? Would corals need similar ratio of vitamins as humans do?
Do you know what fillers are used in the multivitamins for humans? I'm not sure if they're toxic or not at whatever concentration they would be bit that would be one concern of mine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back