diy dimmer for leds

aalvarado87

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
381
Reaction score
2
Location
earlimart
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I started browsing online and found a dimmer to make for an led fixture i made. I have not been able to test it i will be testing it tomorrow... I figured i would throw this up since i haven't seen to many write ups and figured people are looking to use some of these.

Parts list
9V ac adapter radioshack didn't carry a 10
10K ohm linear potentiometer 2
dc power connector
2 rubber knobs
small project box
already had the wire and solder

33orubr.jpg

The black wires represent neg (-) wires
One black wire goes to the ground on the dc plug, The other one goes to the neg (-) portion of the driver

The green wire will represent the positive wire coming off your driver

The red of course is the positive from ac plug

I could not find a 10v plug but did find a 9v so settled for that i know rapid led does carry the 10v plugs

I used a small project box from radio shack.



6eq8g5.jpg


vhpxg8.jpg
 
radio shack... it worked just fine...

after of course i switched the neg and positive on the power input ha ha ha
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new